The members of the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office are dedicated to providing the highest quality law enforcement service in order to enhance community safety, 保护生命和财产, 并降低整体犯罪率.
We pledge individually and collectively to develop a partnership with the entire community, 领导致力于解决问题, 回答每一个投诉, 提高升天教区的生活质量.
- 高级文书主任(特别反应小组) The Special Response Team is responsible for handling situations that are beyond the normal call for service such as crowd control and hostage situations. The team consists of members of the Sheriff’s Office who are specially trained to handle critical incidents with the goal of a peaceful resolution.
- 公共信息官Lonny Cavalier
- 水巡逻 The Water Patrol Unit is responsible for handling law enforcement efforts on the waterways within the Parish. In addition to providing patrols in areas inaccessible to vehicular traffic, the unit also is responsible for providing a law enforcement presence at events on the water. The unit is also responsible for enforcing state and local laws related to the vessels and responds to incidents involving water-related accidents and drownings.
- 培训 All commissioned deputies are required to attend a basic training academy and to be certified in accordance with the 状态 of Louisiana’s P.O.S.T. (维和官员标准和培训)方案. 除了基础训练, deputies attend schools and seminars and often become certified to instruct other members of the department.
The Assumption Parish 拘留中心 is a medium security facility capable of housing 128 inmates. Anyone arrested by state and local agencies within Assumption Parish is brought to the facility for booking.
The facility houses state and local inmates who have been sentenced and individuals that are awaiting the disposition of their cases. Juvenile and female arrestees are housed at separate facilities in surrounding parishes.
Among the inmates confined to the facility, several are assigned to the Trustee Detail. These inmates are assigned to work on a daily basis within the facility and in various locations in the community. The inmates working outside of the facility provide services such as the maintenance and upkeep of parish properties and litter abatement on roads and highways within the parish.
学校资源主任 are certified law enforcement officers who are permanently assigned to provide coverage to a school or a set of schools. The SRO is specifically trained to perform three roles: law enforcement officer; law-related counselor; and law-related education teacher. The SRO is not necessarily a DARE officer (although many have received such training), 保安, or officer who has been placed temporarily in a school in response to a crisis situation but rather acts as a comprehensive resource for his/her school.
D.A.R.E. (禁毒教育) This year millions of school children around the world will benefit from D.A.R.E., the highly acclaimed 程序 that gives kids the skills they need to avoid involvement in drugs, 帮派, 和暴力. D.A.R.E. was founded in 1983 in Los Angeles and has proven so successful that it is now being implemented in 75 percent of our nation’s school districts and in more than 43 countries around the world. D.A.R.E. is a police officer-led series of classroom lessons that teaches children from kindergarten through 12th grade how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug 和暴力-free lives.
D.A.R.E. curriculum is designed to be taught by police officers whose training and experience gave them the background needed to answer the sophisticated questions often posed by young students about drugs and crime. 在进入D .之前.A.R.E. 程序, officers undergo 80 hours of special training in areas such as child development, 课堂管理, 教学技巧, 沟通技巧. 为D .提供了40小时的额外培训.A.R.E. instructors to prepare them to teach the high school curriculum. D.A.R.E. is universally viewed as an internationally recognized model of community policing. 美国司法部已经确定了D.A.R.E. 造福当地社区:
- D.A.R.E. “humanizes” the police: that is, young people can begin to relate to officers as people
- D.A.R.E. permits students to see officers in a helping role, not just an enforcement role
- D.A.R.E. 打开了执法部门和青少年之间的沟通渠道
- D.A.R.E. Officers can serve as conduits to provide information beyond drug-related topics
- D.A.R.E. opens dialogue between the school, police, and parents to deal with other issues
法院的安全 在正常的工作日, the 23rd Judicial District holds court criminal and civil sessions at the Assumption Parish Courthouse in Napoleonville. 在这些会议期间, the deputies are assigned to provide security to insure the safety of court personnel and the attending public.
- 首席民事代表Katie Thibodeaux说
- Bayou L ' oursore变电站
The 信息技术 staff is responsible for maintaining our vast array of computers and telecommunications equipment, 包括随身摄像机, 台式电脑, 笔记本电脑, 车载电脑, 服务器, 以及组成APSO计算机网络的软件. 这包括大约120个工作站和10台服务器. They are constantly evaluating the latest in cutting-edge technology for implementation at the agency. 更常见的是“我”.T.,” the staff monitors all connectivity between agency offices to assure continued access to all APSO services.